Check your code to unclosed connections (and statments) first !

On 10/11/06, DE VINZELLES, Guillaume (ext.)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello there,

We are running a Tomcat 5.5.17 on a Sun Solaris system (SunFire V240) with a
Sun JVM 1.5, and we are facing unavoidable JDBC pool exhaustions. We are using
an Oracle 9i database.

Here is the JDBC entry from our server.xml:

<Resource name="jdbc/Signup" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@address:port:schema"
username="user" password="pass" maxActive="120" maxIdle="10" maxWait="5000"
removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" />

The Tomcat manager shows around 1000 sessions on the server, which seems to be
pertinent.

We can see with the JMXProxy that the JDBC pool connections are never recycled,
e.g. the active connections number is going higher and higher and never stays
at the same level, which is strange because the amount of active sessions isn't
growing.

Do you have any idea about what we can do to 'force' the Tomcat server to
release the unused JDBC connections?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Guillaume de Vinzelles