Hello,

We are experiencing a problem uploading large files through our web
portal.   We seem to have problems once the file gets to be 10-20MB.
The file I am currently trying is 100MB.

When the user submits  via the web form, the file  appears to upload to
a Tomcat temp file.  This upload completes (I know because I was doing a
"watch" on the directory) but then something fails and the Java code (in
the action class) which is supposed to execute doesn't.

What is happening between the time  Tomcat finishes uploading the temp
file and the execute method is called?  Is there some validation being
done in Tomcat or Apache that prevents files of a certain size from
uploading?   Or maybe is there some timeout setting that would affect
this?

Also this could possibly be a system setting?

I know that the code and struts configuration is *not* the problem.   I
have tested the code in a dev environment and it works fine, even for a
1.7GB file.  But obviously the settings for the webserver and system are
different for production, though I'm not sure where to look.

Here's what we are using:

Linux
Struts 1.1
Apache 1.3.33