Hello Everyone,

On Windows 2000 where over the past couple of years I had installed Tomcat4 and
Tomcat4.1,
running Tomcat5.0.28 as a service now gives:
ERROR reading D:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\conf\server.xml
At Line 24 /Server/Listener/
className=org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener debug=0

Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener

I've been quite mad about this, I've got to admit. Trying to get Tomcat to work
has gotten in the way of
learning anything 'productive' yet. I've looked all over the place, and others
have run into this issue, but
nobody could offer a solution or people just ignored the query, and I wonder if
it's because it's too obvious
or they just couldn't reproduce it.
If I'm missing something very obvious here, I am sincerely sorry but I'm not
seeing it yet since yesterday.

The good news is that things Finally! worked fine when I thought of trying on
XP on my other hard disk
where Tomcat had never set foot. That helped me calm down a lot.. I mean, Matt
Raible only gave
SiteMesh a 10-mins test, didn't he? The pressure on me is what good will I ever
be if I haven't gotten
anything done in 24hours?!

Now.. this problem seems to be related to something about my Win2K PC, and
probably my previous
installations of Tomcat, which I have removed by now, and/or my previous JDK's
and JRE's.
But I don't know what, and was hoping that somebody here could shed some light
on where I should be looking and what I should be doing?
Thanks.

Rico.