Thanks,

Could you explain how the configuration of a firewall would have such
effect on whether the original HttpSession object gets retained? I'm not
being skeptical here at all, and sorry if it's a dumb question: I'm just
ignorant of the sorts of considerations that might be relevant and would
really appreciate a brief explanation. Meanwhile I'll inquire. It is
possible that a firewall configuration was changed. I'll post to the
list if I find out any details.

Thanks in advance if you can share some of the relevant considerations,

Mark