OK - I try to explain my problem again:

I want to use a program which sends data to my Tomcat Server to be stored an
disk. The problem is that the program provides only PUT.
At the moment I just try to get the service-method called which is the
initiater for a Servlet. As far as I know, service() usually calls the
appropriate method which can be doGet() or doPost() but doPut() as well. But
duPut() haven't been called. Therefore I overwrote service() and expected it
to handle any request by just writing a debuginformation into a logfile. But
that happend only when I sent a request from a normal html-form using the
POST- or GET-method. When I use the program for which I write my Servlet
nothing happens at all.
I also traced the TCP-connection using Ethereal and found out that both the
HTML-form and the "PUT-program" send data to the Servlet. But it just isnt't
triggert when Tomcat receives a PUT-request. Therefore I think that I need
to reconfigure Tomcat in any way but I have no idea how to do that. And by
the way: even Apache doesn't accept PUT-requests by default.

I would still be happy if anybody can help me.

Cheers
Philipp

2006/10/20, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Philipp,

> I overwrote the service-method of HttpServlet. When I call my servlet
> using an PUT service() is not called. If I use a normal Webform, it
> is called.

Woah, what is a Webform? Are you using some kind of application
framework such as Struts or Tapestry? If so, then the rules are very
different.

Please tell us what your system looks like.

> I also had a look on the sent packages - They are almost equal, but
> the one begins with put and the other with post. Due to that fact I
> am pretty sure that it has to do with Tomcat.

Is this working under another servlet container, but not under Tomcat?

-chris

--
Philipp Suedmeyer
116 Gloucester Road