Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Ramez Ghazzaoui [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Eliminating the need for a trailing slash in accessing sub-directoryresources on a Tomcat HTTP server

My Tomcat 5.5 installation requires that you enter a trailing slash at
the end of your URL if it doesn't end with a filename.

Perhaps that's an artifact of whatever platform or JVM you're using, but
5.5.20 as released does not require the slash on our proprietary system
nor on any Windows box I've tried.

The default servlet (the one normally generating directory listings)
does initially return a 302 status with a modified URL including the
trailing slash, which a browser will immediately resubmit.  Is this what
you're referring to?

 - Chuck