I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer anywhere.  I
have a simple standalone tomcat install that works just fine, but as
soon as I change the Engine defaultHost and Host name fields from
"localhost" to "myhost.com", everything stops working.  As well as
changing the entries in server.xml I also renamed the localhost
directory in the Catalina directory to "myhost.com", but although the
server starts OK and I get no errors in the log files, any attempt to
access the application gets a 404 - including the standard tomcat
manager app.  I notice there are localhost lines in logging.properties
- do I need to change them as well?  I find the logging.properties
documentation to be pretty much impenetrable, to be frank.

Here's my server.xml.  In case anyone wonders, the port=80 isn't the
problem, the tomcat user has been given permissions to access that
port, and it worked fine on port 80 before I changed the hostname from
localhost.  Any and all suggestions (including RTFMs)  gratefully
received - I'm at my wits end with this!

----------
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
 <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
 <GlobalNamingResources>
     type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
     pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
 </GlobalNamingResources>
 <Service name="Catalina">
   <Connector port="80" />
   <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="myhost.com">
            resourceName="UserDatabase" />
     <Host name="myhost.com" appBase="webapps" />
   </Engine>
 </Service>
</Server>