Il giorno ven, 27/10/2006 alle 11.31 +0200, Daniela Marangoni ha
scritto:
> Hi
> I have tried with user test
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
>   <role rolename="role1"/>
>   <role rolename="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="admin"/>
>   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
>   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
>   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
>   <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin,manager,tomcat"/>
>   <user username="teste" password="teste" roles="manager"/>
> </tomcat-users>
>
> but I still have the same problems . After trying to connect three times to:
>
> Site: 127.0.0.1
> Port : 8080
> Realm : XDB
> Username=test
> Password=test
>
> I receive as answer:
> Unauthorized

Usually this error is generated because of the
<security-constraint><auth-constraint> in
${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml. Have you tried
to remove the constraint to see if you can access without any
user/password?

What about the admin application? Do you have the same problem with that
or does it work?

Check also that:
      * in conf/server.xml there's a GlobalNamingResource named
        UserDatabase (org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase) referencing the
        file conf/tomcat-users.xml
      * the default service/engine contains a Realm of type
        org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm referencing the
        UserDatabase above.
      * the file conf/[your-engine]/localhost/manager.xml contains a
        ResourceEnvRef referencing the UserDatabse above (to be honest
        this should not be an issue with authentication, but... just to
        be sure).

Ciao,
Davide Romanini

Ciao,