From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: RE: stdout trace from eclipse
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:09:59 -0600

> From: Dave Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: stdout trace from eclipse
>
> Any help in identifying the difference between Tomcat/Eclipse and
> "Standalone" would be appreciated

Have to tell you up front that I don't use Eclipse, am not fluent in
JNDI, and don't know Hibernate - so take this with a large chunk of
salt.  Nevertheless, it's looking like your datasource is not defined
properly in your standalone version of Tomcat.  You should have entries
for the datasource in the <Context> element of your webapp, and possibly
also in conf/server.xml, if the datasource is shared across webapps.

Try looking here and see if any of this makes sense:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.h
tml

 - Chuck