> From: Dave Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: stdout trace from eclipse
>
> In Tomcat 5.5, you no longer use this server-wide file to
> configure JNDI.

I believe you can, in the situation where you want the data source to be
visible to multiple webapps.  Take a look at this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/globalresources.html

> Instead, you place a per-application file named (exactly)
> Context.xml in your META-INF directory

Actually, it must be named context.xml (lower case).  Upper case may
work on Windows, but it won't on other platforms.

> You may find references on the web indicating this file
> should be named after your application

This is true when you use the alternative location for your webapp's
<Context> element: conf/[engine]/[host]/[appname].xml; if you examine
conf/Catalina/localhost in the standard 5.5 Tomcat installation, you'll
see the .xml files for the manager and host-manager <Context> elements.
Look here for more info:

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.