> Hi Durk,
>
> are you really talking about mod_jk?

Yep, the package "apache2-jakarta-tomcat-connectors" contains (from the
included README file):
1. mod_jk + Ajp13Connector
2. mod_jk2 + CoyoteConnector + JkCoyoteHandler
3. mod_webapp + WarpConnector

2 is experimental, 3 is deprected, we're using option 1; mod_jk.

> If yes: which version of nod_jk
> are  you using? It would be nice, if you could check version 1.2.19.

It was kinda hard to figure out the version... I've grepped in
/usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk.so for '1.2', and it came up with "1.2.6-dev".

Source for the "apache2-jakarta-tomcat-connectors" package was a tarball
called "jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.30-src.tar.gz". 4.1.30 seems to be the
version of connector bundle. I found the jk-version in
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.30-src/jk/native/common/jk_version.h, which
shows: 1.2.6, just as expected.

Replacing this version with 1.2.9 isn't quite easy considering maintenance.
The version that came with the SUSE-distribution ensures
stability/compatibility (at least I may hope so considering it's an
enterprise grade distro) and is easier maintainable (security updates just
come with the update tool).

Well, I COULD do some tests with other versions of mod_jk on the testing
system, but as long as the issue doesn't harm the functionality of the web
applications, I'm hesitating a little in investing my time and downtime of
the system.

But then again, IF a new version of mod_jk would eliminate the error
messages, we still don't know why or what it actually was.

Durk