Justin Jaynes wrote:
> Oh snap!  That's exactly what's happening.  Can you point me to a good
> document that expalins how to set up contexts?  I've got everything set up
> exactly as you described.
>
> Any good reading for a comprehensive (or even rudimetry) understanding would
> be greatly appreciated.
The on-line docs should have what you need. If we can id places where
changes are needed then I'll get them incorporated.

> If you can explain it in a reasonable length that is appropriate to this
> forum (and convenient to your time), it would also be greatly appreciated.
The short version is:
- a context's docBase should never be the same as a host's appBase

A suitable directory structure for multiple hosts could be:
$CATALINA_HOME\host1-webapps              -> Host1 appBase
$CATALINA_HOME\host1-webapps\ROOT         -> Default context for Host1
$CATALINA_HOME\host1-webapps\app1         -> Application on Host1
$CATALINA_HOME\host1-webapps\app2         -> Application on Host1
$CATALINA_HOME\host2-webapps              -> Host2 appBase
$CATALINA_HOME\host2-webapps\ROOT         -> Default context for Host2
$CATALINA_HOME\host2-webapps\app3         -> Application on Host2
etc for as many hosts and applications as you like

> The explanation in the doc on the tomcat.apache.org site seems to only cover
> what I am using, which treats every director as a webapp.  Definatly not what
> I want.
Which page(s) are you looking at? If the docs tell you to do this they
need to be changed. I can't see anything like this but I could easily
be missing the obvious.

Mark