Mark Thomas,

To start on a positive note, I 've never found an open source project with
real help as accessable, as reliable, as knowledgeable, or as patient as I
have with Tomcat.  I have access to amazing
support/discussion groups, with immediate communications to developers and
document writers.  It's better than any product I've ever paid for.

I know you spend a LOT of time "with" end users.  Thanks a million.  You really
make tomcat work for us.

With your pointers I've been able to glean the info I needed and I've fixed my
problem.

I don't think there is any "wrong" info on the doc pages.  But either I am not
seeing everything there is to read, or there is a lack of explanation about
contexts.  I mean, really, I've been using tomcat for a few years and I learned
the whole thing alone.  Just me, a book, tomcat, and this list (I guess that's
not really alone).  And frankly, there is no reasonable explanation of what a
context is.  I feel like the documentation might be assuming I know more than I
do.  Me and anybody else who has very few resources to become introduced to
tomcat.

Where am I looking on the site?  Well, I go to the tomcat page and click
Configuration in the Reference section of links.  I click on Context under the
Containters section of links.

The definition of a context there is VERY VAGUE.  And although it lists the
elements of a context, it gives NO EXAMPLES and no explanation of how to create
a context, and what a context does.  It says what a context is, but not what it
does.

Please consider revising the context page to make it clearer.  If I had a
firmer understanding, I would volunteer a revision myself.

Justin