From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:03 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: First-time user of Tomcat 5.5

> From: Ernie Ho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: First-time user of Tomcat 5.5
>
> Now, I would go to Tomcat->Manager or Tomcat->Welcome pages but these
> pages showed up error of the following :
>
> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
> be displayed.

1) Look at RUNNING.txt in the Tomcat home directory and make sure you've done
what's documented in there.  Ignore the advanced section.

2) Look in the Tomcat logs to see why it's not coming up properly.

3) Running the manager app requires that you update conf/tomcat-users.xml with
a userid/password that has the "manage" role.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]