I have 2 separate projects set up as virtual hosts
http://projectA:8080/
http://projectB:8080/
so that each of them can be
run from the ROOT context in the development environment. Just to make it
easier to
switch between them.

HTTP Session was working before I set up Virtual Hosts on Tomcat 5.5/ Windows
XP.

The entries in server.xml :

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="projectA">

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
      </Host>

      <Host name="projectA" appBase="webapps/projectA">
         <Context path="/" docBase="C:/dev/projects/projectA/__source"
reloadable="true" />
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"/>
      </Host>

      <!--
      <Host name="projectB" appBase="webapps/projectB">
        <Context path="/" docBase="C:/dev/projects/projectB/__source"
reloadable="true" />
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"/>
      </Host>
      -->

</Engine>

I came accross this thread which was created in 2003, but there were no replies
on it:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200302.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

I also searched around but couldn't find any documentation regarding this
issue. The only documentation that seems
applicable is http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html But, I
don't know enough about clustering/load balancing
and I don't think I need to set up a Cluster for my set up at the moment. But
please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I can't get sessions to work then I might have to switch back to the old
set-up with no virtual hosts where I have a ROOT.xml for each project under
C:\dev\apache-tomcat-5.5.12\conf\Catalina\localhost\

Any help is appreciated.