On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 03:13:48PM +0100, Rainer Jung wrote:

> I didn't want to shoot at you, and yes, mod_jk documentation could be
> much better.

> Concerning the docs: Documentation contribution will be welcome. We try
> to add all new things in there, but parts of the documentation are
> indeed rudimentary.

> Concerning Apache 2.2: There is no known problem special to Apache 2.2
> with mod_jk. You set it up exactly the same way, as you do with Apache
> 2.0. Of course, during build time, you have to use apxs from an
> installed Apache 2.2, so the binary module will be different. But
> features and configuration are exactly the same.

Of course, it goes almost without saying that the reason I'm looking
for documentation is that I don't know how to do it.  ;-)

As far as producing documentation goes, I am willing to offer my time
to write up or help write tutorials and how-to's related to Tomcat and
even Apache (though that is a bit far from my normal channels of
usage).  As a part of my job, I write implementation documents for my
company's software, so I have experience in that area.  What I am
short on is what you might call "research" time.

So, if you (anybody) have partially completed documentation or notes
on a how-to, I can help you get that properly finished.  And, I'm glad
to do so.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe            [EMAIL PROTECTED]               Naugatuck CT USA
"The liberty I contend for is more than toleration.  The very idea of