It appears to be running garbage collection, but it doesn't recover all the memory, so as we make and break connections to the database, the memory usage just keeps piling up. We never had this problem with the old connector running under Tomcat 4.

Thanks, Dan

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Daniel L. Gross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Memory Usage

I have run the lamda probe on the software, but it didn't show anything useful.

It's not a profiler, and was never intended to be.

Where do I turn on the -verbose:gc?  In the tomcat start-up script?

It's a standard java launcher option.  If you're running from a script,
try setting it in JAVA_OPTS before kicking off the script.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.