thanks all for your reply.

actually, I have this kind of directory hierarchy:
myapp/build.properties
myapp/build.xml
myapp/web/*.jsp
myapp/web/WEB-INF/web.xml
myapp/web/WEB-INF/lib/requiredlibs.jar
myapp/web/WEB-INF/classes
myapp/src/../*.java

and after running ant install, I have this directory structure and I
foudn every neccesary jars in the lib directory.

build/*.jsp
build/WEB-INF/web.xml
build/WEB-INF/lib/requiredlibs.jar
build/WEB-INF/classes/../myclasses.class

According to your recommendation (also servet spec), my WEB-INF should
be at the first level of the app deployment directory. It is really at
the correct place, isn't it?

Or do I have to specify any path to find WEB-INF/lib/*.jar?

thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Gop