Thank you all for your feedback.  I don't have the icon in my system tray,
but I am able to start and stop using the other suggestions I have
received.

Thanks again!

Christine A. Avrin
Information Technology
InterBay Funding, LLC
Office: (215) 793-8835
Fax:     (305) 817-5221

"Change the way you look at things,
and the things you look at will change"
              -Dr. Wayne Dyer

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
11/27/2006 02:55 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: No Start/Stop Options under Start/Programs Apache Tomcat 5.5

Another way to handle this (assuming a Windows 2000, XP, or 2003 system):

Right click on "My Computer" and choosing "Manage" from the pop-up menu.

When the Computer Management window opens, expand "Services and
Applications" on the left side.

Click on "Services" in the expanded Services and Applications branch.

The right side will populate with a whole list of services running in
the background of your computer

The same list should include "Apache Tomcat" (toward the top as the list
is alphabetic).  Click on it and use the Start, Stop, and Restart links
that get displayed with the description.

--David