Thanks Chuck for your reply, I only cited part of your message where I
could follow up.

> Within Tomcat, request objects are normally processed by a single
thread
> at a time, yet you note that two threads are accessing this particular

> request - where did the second one come from?

Both were web threads and error did occur at the very beginning of
request processing when analyzing the request or when logging it in a
filter.

> Is your app starting extra threads?
> (Perhaps unknowingly, by using some third-party
> package.)

No. We checked this under profiler and all our threads are built by our
thread factories and do not manipulate any request objects only our own
business objects.

> Since requests are typically handled by a single thread,
> there is little or no synchronization done during manipulation
> of references associated with them, such as the parameter map.

That's also our understanding.

Gael