> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Multi processor issue
>
> I have re-read the sections of the spec you quoted several times and I
> don't see anything that suggests to me that the RequestDispatcher has
> only request level scope that would suggest the OPs use is invalid.
> Could you elaborate?

As I said yesterday, the statements in the spec are hints and by no
means definitive.  They are certainly subject to interpretation.  The
quoted items are from the spec, my comments follow each.

SRV.8.1.1 Query Strings in Request Dispatcher Paths:
"The ServletContext and ServletRequest methods that create
RequestDispatcher objects using path information allow the optional
attachment of query string information to the path."

"Parameters specified in the query string used to create the
RequestDispatcher take precedence over other parameters of the same name
passed to the included servlet. The parameters associated with a
RequestDispatcher are scoped to apply only for the duration of the
include or forward call."

Since query information is normally unique to a request, I think the
above could be construed that the RequestDispatcher is cognizant of the
query string.  If so, each RequestDispatcher would be associated with a
specific request.

SRV.8.4.1 Query String:
"The request dispatching mechanism is responsible for aggregating query
string parameters when forwarding or including requests."

Again, I think the above can be viewed as tying a RequestDispatcher
object to a specific request.

SRV.15.2.8 ServletContext, getRequestDispatcher(String):
"The resource can be dynamic or static."

Since dynamic resources can come and go and their existence can be
dependent on specific requests, there is an implication that a
RequestDispatcher is associated with the request it has been created
for.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money."  (That's not in the spec, but perhaps
should be.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.