Chuck,

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> "Parameters specified in the query string used to create the
> RequestDispatcher take precedence over other parameters of the same name
> passed to the included servlet. The parameters associated with a
> RequestDispatcher are scoped to apply only for the duration of the
> include or forward call."

That part right there pretty much closes the book on this one for me: if
you pass (URL) parameters into the methods that return RequestDispatcher
objects, then you get a customized RequestDispatcher. There's no reason
to think that "no parameters" is any different than "some parameters".

I don't think this is a bug in TC's implementation. This is a relatively
subtle mistake that seems both easy enough to make and easy to fix.

Gael, what was the reasoning behind caching that RequestDispatcher? Was
it simply because you would have been calling the same method with the
same parameters repeatedly, and figured that you'd get some performance
edge by saving the resulting object? Were you observing any performance
degradation at any point? Or was this a case of premature optimization? ;)

I'd really like to hear if simply eliminating the caching of this object
fixes your problem. Does it?

-chris