> From: Vacuum Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: No logging (or System.out) when I activate virtual hosts
>
> I'm running Tomcat, embedded within JBoss.
>
> I think this relates to JULI, a terrible mistake that
> happened around Tomcat 5.5.9.  It is fragile junk which
> results in no log entries whenever virtual hosting is used.

What a curious thing to say.  I'm running JULI in standalone Tomcat
5.5.20 with multiple hosts with all expected log files created and log
entries made.

Unless things have changed dramatically since JBoss 4.0.2, the embedded
Tomcat does not have its own logging mechanism; it uses the JBoss
logging configuration, located here:
  server\[mode]\conf\log4j.xml
Note that it uses log4j, not JULI.

 - Chuck