> From: Ray Madigan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Cannot create JDBC driver
>
> An interesting twist to the situation is that if I delete
> the war file in webapps the Exception does not occur and
> the application works.

What war file?  You did not mention any in the first message.

> Also, the context.xml is not copied, so I suspect it doesn't
> need to be.

The context.xml file is only copied when a .war is expanded; if you have
both [appname].war and an [appname] directory, things might be a bit
confused.

> What causes the application to operate differently when the
> war file is present then when it isn't?

Sounds like you had both the .war and the expanded app under your
appBase directory.  If they weren't identical, there may have been some
kind of conflict between them.

> <Context path="/Library" docBase="Library"

It's an error to specifiy the path or docBase attributes when your
<Context> element is in META-INF/context.xml; doing so has been known to
result in erratic behavior in some levels of Tomcat.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.