Hello,

Angel Todorov wrote:
I have the following scenario: one webapp, which has some jars in its
private WEB-INF\lib dir, and one common jar which I would like to
share among several webapps. Hence, I am putting this jar into the
shared\lib directory of Tomcat. The problem is that this common lib
references classes which are in jars in the first webapp's WEB\lib
directory. Therefore, I get NoClassDefFoundErrors when this common jar
loads and tries to refer classes from the webapp's private lib.

Is it possible to achieve a workaround with tomcat's classloading for
that custom scenario?
there is no workaround, but a better strategy and best practise:
Put *all* JARs of a webapp into WEB-INF/lib, if there is not
a strong usecase or technical reason to do otherwise (i.E. some JDBC drivers
should be put into common/lib or shared/lib).

Sharing classes causes definitly more problems than it solves.

Regards
Boris