I am trying to get a smart card to work with Tomcat.  The smart card in
question is a DoD CAC (Common Access Card).

I believe that I have setup my Connector element correctly in my server.xml:

 <Connector port="8443"
     enableLookups="true"
     disableUploadTimeout="true"
     debug="1"
     acceptCount="10" scheme="https" secure="true"
     clientAuth="true"
     sslProtocol="TLS"
      keystoreFile="<deleted>\.keystore"
 />

The issue seems to be with the IE /Tomat handshake.  When IE hits my Tomcat
site, it puts up a dialog with a title of "Choose a Digital Certificate".
However the list of certificates to choose from is empty.

The certificates are loaded into my IE browser.   It seem to work with IIS.
When I hit an IIS site, the same form comes up, but the form is pre-populated
with the list of certifcates.

Why doesn't IE show the certificates when accessing Tomcat but does when
accessing IIS?