Hi Peter,

1.> You are right: "/" refers to the root of file system.

2.> What is the right way to make Tomcat write a file in the directory
: "/webapps/Jonathon/WEB-INF/etc/subscriber.txt" ?

I want to avoid specifying an absolute path to the file in my code.

Rajendra

On 3/1/07, Pid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

(Please reply to the list only, I don't need to get the message twice.)

Rajendra Sakpal wrote:
> Am I right to say that "/" refers to the "Tomcat" directory ?

No, you're wrong. Attempting to access "/" would result in an attempt to
write to the root of the filesystem.

> If I mention the file path as "/subscribers.txt", I don't find  the file
in
> the "TOMCAT" directory once the class is instantiated.

That's because you're made the wrong assumption above.