Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 will not compile under Windows with the current Java

 With the advent of Tomcat's NIO connector, the
APR one is probably superfluous, so you don't need that either.
I do not understand this comment. What does this refer to? Do I need to do anything here?

No, I was just pointing out that the only platform-dependent code
associated with Tomcat is the APR connector (tcnative-1.dll).  The
performance advantages of using that connector have been largely
eliminated by the pure Java NIO connector in Tomcat 6.

- Chuck

Thanks, I did not recognize the original terminology although APR was a bit of a hint. I did upgrade the tcnative-1.dll since Tomcat complained when it started that I had an old version. The references in the Tomcat documentation to tcnative-1.dll is a bit sketchy and it is very easy to overlook this file and a bit hard to find it if you need to upgrade it. I am not sure if Tomcat will start without it and it bitches if you are not running the latest version.

Ron
and its attachments from all computers.