Ok, thanks. This gave me enough to go on that I could find the fix with a bit of googling. Apparently it's something that occasionally happens in Win2k when messing with timezones and updates. The workaround was to just change the timezone to something different and then change it back, and everything is fine now.

Thanks for the hint!!
Dave

Tim Funk wrote:

Its a system property - you can see it by with of the following in a sample jsp:

out.println(System.getProperties().getProperty("user.timezone"))
or
System.getProperties().list(new java.io.PrintWriter(out));

-Tim

David Kerber wrote:

What file would that be in?