Hi!

You have a little error, you are using ++i instead of i++ on:

   for(int i = 0; i < 5; ++i)

The first iteration is a 1 because the increament is done before instead of after the looping.

/per jonsson

Peter Kennard skrev:
I have some real mysterious behavior, it seems the first chunk just doesn't
make it into the output.  Doesn't matter how long or short it is.
Seems like a BUG unles I'm doing something wrong.

/* in my real tiny test servlet */

public void service( ServletRequest req,
                     ServletResponse res)
    throws IOException, ServletException
{
    java.io.OutputStream os = res.getOutputStream();
    for(int i = 0; i < 5; ++i)
    {
         String txt = "Some Text " + i + "\n";
         os.write(txt.getBytes());