Actually yeah.

Im working on a product which requires that only a single client instance
can be connected through a machine. Actually I thought if there would be
anything in Tomcat which supports this then it wouldve considered the
problem you mentioned and would be solving it somehow (using mac address or
something). I cannot use the IP address coming in request because of this
proxy problem. I have to bind something with the session. Even if tomcat
gives me the actual IP address (whic considers the fact that the client
machine can be sitting behind proxy) then it would be great. What other
options do I have to implement this thing?

Regards,

Khurram.