Ok. I can't use https from applet because I've realized that you can't use methods like url.openConnection() nor url.openStream() if url is 'https' like. This applet has to get images from server. You'll ask why I don´t use getImage() or Toolkit.getImage(), the answer is that we don't work with images, but with _encripted_ images (and it's a requirement not to decrypt those images in the server), so we have to treat them as arrays of bytes. So, as far as I know, I have to use url.openStream() or url.openConnection().getInputStream() to get the blob of bytes with encrypted images from the applet (with http, nor https) and then decrypt and show them. But after that, I can't go back to other application's page using https, because I'll have lost session data (user authentication data, for example). Hope my problem is better explained now, have you any idea or something to correct?
Thanks,

Sergio

Gregor Schneider escribió:
afaik there is no way to do that since this would break the
security-concepts of https.

you might be able to store the data needed in a dbms or a flat file,
however, that's a very poor design-concept, imho.

maybe you'd like to let us know why that requirement is?

cheers

greg