No one has ever done this?  Help?!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Neeley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:16 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: mod_jk load balancing with SSL?

I'm using Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 and trying to get load balancing working
with SSL.  Are there any tricks to this setup?  I have two tomcat
instances on one server, and I want to split sessions between them.
I've set this up before without SSL on a different machine, but on this
one particular server I cannot get it to work.  When I enter the servlet
url into my web browser, the browser just hangs.  I turned on mod_jk
logging and did not find anything useful in the log.  Is there a HOW-TO
for setting this up?  Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what my workers.properties file looks like:
===
workers.tomcat_home=/var/tomcat5
workers.java_home=$JAVA_HOME
ps=/
worker.list=default,tc0,tc1,loadbalancer
worker.default.port=8009
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.type=ajp13
worker.default.lbfactor=1
worker.tc0.port=8209
worker.tc0.host=localhost
worker.tc0.type=ajp13
worker.tc0.lbfactor=100
worker.tc1.port=8210
worker.tc1.host=localhost
worker.tc1.type=ajp13
worker.tc1.lbfactor=1
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tc0,tc1

Here is the bottom of my httpd.conf:
===
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
Listen 443
<VirtualHost *:443>
DocumentRoot /usr/htdocs
ErrorLog /usr/logs/error_ssl_log
CustomLog /usr/logs/access_ssl_log common
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /usr/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/conf/ssl.key/server.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt
</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>
LoadModule jk_module /usr/libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /usr/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /usr/logs/mod_jk.log
JkMount /deploy/* default
JkMount /ppro/* loadbalancer
JkMount /dss0/* tc0
JkMount /dss1/* tc1
JkLogLevel debug
===

For each tomcat server.xml, I changed the port numbers so they would not
conflict, and added the jvmRoute="tc0" and jvmRoute="tc1" to the xml.

Thanks,
- Sean