[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Regarding JavaMail:
Is it possible to put the mail.jar (and activation.jar) in the web application's WEB-INF/lib folder instead of tomcat's common/lib?

I did have it working in common/lib but then moved it to [web-app]/WEB-INF/lib - due to requirements - and I now get the following error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Session

on the line: session = (Session) envCtx.lookup("mail/Session");
If you want to get javax.mail.Session reference using JNDI you have to put those jars in common/lib. You can have them in WEB-INF/lib if you will create mail Sessions object by hand.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>