Foo Shyn wrote:
Hi,

This question suddenly struck me when i'm trying to solve my server problem.
Here goes:

Server settings: Apache 2 as front, Tomcat 4.1 as back, J2SDK 1.4.2
Let say that i'd configure that Apache so that whenever a request for
www.abc.com will be redirected to the Tomcat's A context which contain a
servlet TestServlet. The web.xml is there.

When i access the www.abc.com/TestServlet , the Apache throws me a 404 error (not Tomcat), which means that the Apache failed to redirect the request to A folder. But when i configure my servlet path as /TestServlet.jsp, and i use the path www.abc.com/TestServlet.jsp (not a jsp page!) to access the servlet, i manage to do so.
Is this some settings problem on Apache? or my Tomcat problem?
most likely you are using mod_jk, and have configured .jsp to be forwarded.

Look for
JkMount *.jsp
in your httpd.conf file

Filip