sounds like you may have declared the servlet name, but not the servlet mapping?

I've accidentally left that out before on my web.xml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Foo Shyn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 9:28 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Apache and Tomcat bridging - Servlet enabled?

Hi,

This question suddenly struck me when i'm trying to solve my server problem.
Here goes:

Server settings: Apache 2 as front, Tomcat 4.1 as back, J2SDK 1.4.2
Let say that i'd configure that Apache so that whenever a request for
www.abc.com will be redirected to the Tomcat's A context which contain a
servlet TestServlet. The web.xml is there.

When i access the www.abc.com/TestServlet , the Apache throws me a 404 error
(not Tomcat), which means that the Apache failed to redirect the request to A
folder. But when i configure my servlet path as /TestServlet.jsp, and i use the
path www.abc.com/TestServlet.jsp (not a jsp page!) to access the servlet, i
manage to do so.

Is this some settings problem on Apache? or my Tomcat problem?

Thanx.
Regards,
FooShyn