Hello,

starting tomcat takes about 4 minutes on our server (dual xeon, 4 GB RAM).
During this time our firewall reports attempts from this server to access urls
that start with eos.apache.org, but http access to the internet is blocked for
this machine.

According to a number of posting tomcat tries a xml validation duing startup by
searching for a file on eos.apache.org. I have checked /etc/tomcat5/server.xml
and found a  line dealing with xml validation:

xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespace="false"

Why does it still try to validate xml or is there another reason why tomcat
tries to connect to eos.apache.org?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan