On 4/2/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

To get these adjustments, do I need to download tomcat from a subversion
(or CVS) repository?

Yes.

I was also just discovered that in the 6.0.10 version that an exception
in the END event causes the END event to called again; this means that
an uncaught RuntimeException could potentially cause Tomcat to go into a
loop of an infinite number of END events.

I will verify that.

Another reason that I need to be able to throw the exception in the
BEGIN event is because for some requests there is no input, only output,
so I might never actually get a READ event (GET requests for long pieces
of data for example). However I do want to write output to the client as
it comes in (which is why I need Comet) and it's not a file, it is a
dynamically generated stream, making the standard servlet (serivce
method) approach infeasable from a scalability point of view.

You don't have to wait to be inside the processing of a read event to
write data.

Rémy