Sebastiaan van Erk wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for all the answers! :-)

It's good to know the way the events should be treated and interpreted. It's quite different from how it's described on http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html, and the JavaDoc does not really describe the spec either.

Using the sendError method in the response and the new interpretation of the events I think I will be able to manage.

One more question though: is there any way to do nonblocking output of dynamic content (streams)? The above documentation only talks about files on the file system.
yes, a proposal is coming up, my guess is that you will do a {public int write(ByteBuffer)} on the CometEvent object. returns number of bytes written, but nothing is set in stone yet

Filip

Regards,
Sebastiaan