Hello everyone,

I have a machine on which I want to run both apache (2.2) and tomcat (5.5) simultaneously and independently, both at port 443.

To be more precise, say I have a machine with the two IP names

foo.org and bar.org

Then I want to run apache at foo.org:443, and tomcat at bar.org:443. I believe this will work if apache and tomcat are configured to only listen respectively at the network interfaces foo.org:443 and bar.org:443.

I have already set up apache to listen only to foo.org:443, and I want to set up tomcat to listen only to bar.org:443.

I'm using the official Debian etch packages for apache and tomcat.

I'm happy to get pointers to offical documentation, though I would be even happier to get precise instructions how to do this. :-)

The most important piece of information I am looking for is confirmation that setting up tomcat to listen at a particular network interface and a particular port is indeed possible.

Thanks in advance.                                               Faheem.