To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: Force Apache to drop port 8080 when forwarding to Tomcat 6.0.10 using mod_jk-1.2.22

I've also got problems to understand the question. I guess, he is getting back responses with links (or redirects) which have an appended port 8080, although he is starting with port 80. If so, it sounds a little like a bug in his webapp.

Khalil: can you please comment?

Mladen Turk wrote:

Khalil wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Tomcat 6.0.10 with Apache 2.2.4 using mod_jk-1.2.22. The traffic seems to be flowing correctly to Tomcat on port 8080 from apache through the connector. Tomcat and Apache reside on the same machine.

I want to force apache to drop prot 8080 form the url when it forwards to tomcat since we're behined a firewall and port 8080 is closed.

For example, when I type in the browser: http://somehost/match2020/ apache forwadrs to tomcat and the url is changed to http://somhost:8080/match2020/. I want to get rid of 8080 form the url and just be on port 80.

What happens if you access the
/examples/servlets/servlet/RequestInfoExample
What is displayed for Remote Address

Are you still see port 8080, if that is what you are
trying to ask us?

I'm not the native English speaker, but I think I understand
that language a lot. However your entire question is unclear,
and I have no idea what the problem is,
and what do you mean by 'dropping ports'.

Regards,
Mladen.

kippdata
informationstechnologie GmbH   Tel: 0228 98549 -0
Bornheimer Str. 33a            Fax: 0228 98549 -50
53111 Bonn                     www.kippdata.de

HRB 8018 Amtsgericht Bonn / USt.-IdNr. DE 196 457 417
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Höfer, Rainer Jung, Sven Maurmann
kippdata
informationstechnologie GmbH   Tel: +49 228 98549 -0
Bornheimer Str. 33a            Fax: +49 228 98549 -50
D-53111 Bonn                   www.kippdata.de