> From: Andras Laczi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat deployment question
>
> I dont really understand why manager can't rename the context.xml to
> ROOT.xml if the path = "/" as the documentation says.

I wonder how many times we have to repeat this:

THE PATH ATTRIBUTE IS IRRELEVANT UNLESS THE <Context> ELEMENT IS IN
conf/server.xml.

To quote from the <Context> doc for the path attribute:
"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be inferred from the filenames used
for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

Yes, the doc for the manager app needs some work.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.