How can I tell Tomcat to automatically redeploy an application when any file
within it is updated? I realize that this happens for new WARs or JSP
updates without needing an application redeploy.

But what I'm asking is if I update a Java class file within an application's
folder, how can I tell Tomcat to undeploy that application and redeploy that
application, rather than having to do these steps manually?

Thanks.