Hi,

I'm trying to run Tomcat for development purposes by just starting it up from bin/startup.sh rather than using JSVC as I did with previous pre 5.5 versions. However, when I try to run Tomcat via the startup.sh script, I get the following error in the catalina.out log file and it doesn't startup:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Server/Web

I've checked and it appears everything (JRE_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, etc) is getting setup properly so I'm not sure where to look next.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg