When you mention the configuration to automatically reload the context, do
you mean <WatchedResource>?

If you set reloadable to true in the context configuration, that should take
care of WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes, and they don't need to be specified
in WatchedResource - is this correct?

Also, for static content like stylesheets that are within the WAR, a change
to the stylesheet was immediately viewable in the browser - I found that
surprising. Does Tomcat not do something like caching its static content and
resources so that even if you change a file, that change isn't represented
in the "work" folder?

(I thought the concept of a work folder was essentially a cache... - if not,
what is its purpose?)

Thanks.