Hi all,

Not quite sure if this list is the best place to send this question. But
I can't find anywhere else to send it to...

I am trying to install Shibboleth (http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/)
Identity Provider with Cosign protection on a RedHat Linux production
server.

Well, Shibboleth Identity Provider is a Java Application and is using
Tomcat as a Java container. Therefore for the user conveniences, I have
to load a mod_jk module into Apache in order to build a connection
between Apache and Tomcat.

I am using Apahce2.0.46, mod_jk 1.2.22 and Tomcat 5.5.23. After the
Shibboleth Identity Provider installation, everything is running
perfectly fine until the log rotation has been triggered by the cron job
at mid-night.

The cron job has the following configuration:

59      23      *       *       *       /usr/local/etc/rotate.log --move
--after=/usr/local/etc/rotate.log-after.std /var/log

59      23      *       *       *       /usr/local/etc/rotate.log --move
--after=/usr/local/etc/rotate.log-apache /var/log/httpd

So after the log rotation, Apache appears to have some problems to
restart. It returns a HTTP 500 error to users, and the ssl_error_log
file has logged a "Premature end of script headers: cosign.cgi" error.
Therefore it requires the administrator to restart the Apache manually.

Before I thought it was caused by Shibboleth and Cosign, so I just
disable the Cosign module for Apache. However, the error still happens
on the next day after the log rotation. Then I realised it may be cause
by the mod_jk, so I disable the mod_jk module and the Apache is back to
normal, even after the log rotation.

I have not idea what exactly caused this problem, and the log for
mod_jk, Apache doesn't give me much help. So does anyone know this
issue?

Any information in regards of this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Eric