Maybe you could decompile those legacy Java classes, and add them to your project as source files?

Rajiv M wrote:
<jsp:useBean class="<classname>".... does not help either. Same error
- classname cannot be resolved to a type.

Of course, adding package solves all the problems. But what can be
done to modify 3rd party classes already in WEB-INF/classes prior to
this Sun restriction...