Thanks for pointing me to that class. How can I specify my overriden version
in a configuration file or programmatically so that it can be used?

Also, I was looking into how to solve the problem from my original post, and
came across the concept multiple times of providing my own Realm
implementation. Could somebody describe the difference between your
suggestion and implementing Realm? Are they mutually exclusive concepts? Are
they unrelated to each other completely?

Thanks.