On 5/28/07, lightbulb432 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your response. For the first of the two options you presented,
what exactly happens during the web.xml autogeneration? Will it simply
change only the <servlet> elements but leave everything else as is in my
current web.xml, including <servlet-mapping>? Is there anything else it
changes?

It depends on how you set up your Ant build to use Jasper.

In any case, the original web.xml gets modified , the original
mappings etc will be retained, the new JSP class mappings will be
~appended~ , so you won't lose anything that was already there.

If you don't want your original web.xml to be modified, using Ant you
can make an intermediate copy of your project, and run Jasper on that
intermediate copy, this way the web.xml of the source files will not
change - which is ideal for development environment settings.

Try it on a separate, small project to see how it works and what works for you.

The less it changes, the more my development (pre-deployment) would be as
close to production as possible, I'm guessing...

Thanks.

-Regards
Rashmi