On 5/29/07, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Johnny Kewl wrote:
> I havent had a chance to test it yet, but where I'm trying to get to is the
ability to debug from servlet straight  into Tomcat source.
This should be standard out of the box functionality. You shouldn't
need any extras to get this working. You don't with Eclipse as your
dev environment and I see no reason for Netbeans to be any different.

It's not quite out-of-the-box IME, but quite easy to debug into Tomcat
code using Eclipse + Web Standard Tools. You have to point Eclipse at
the source code whenever prompted (just browse to
apache-tomcat-?.?.?-src.zip). Also, you may find that Eclipse doesn't
know about all the Tomcat JARs that you run into. I created a library
for these JARs in my Eclipse project, and add them as required.

Note that I'm not talking about compiling Tomcat from source, just
debugging my own apps with an existing Tomcat release. And
understanding what's going on once you're inside Tomcat is something
else entirely. :-)
--
Len